Winton Woods High School’s Mya Johnson has been named Winton Woods City Schools’ Skyline Student Athlete of the Month for April. Mya maintains a 4.0 GPA and participates on the soccer and track team.
Her coaches, Kristin Miller and Chip Wilson, both took notice of how Johnson’s dedication and work ethic plays an integral part of her impact on the team. They had nothing but great things to say about her as a person and teammate. “From soccer to track, Mya Johnson is a hard worker, compassionate and is a natural leader on and off the field,” said Miller. “This season she has worked hard setting and achieving her personal best times. As coaches, we love her dedication and drive to improve. We are proud to have a student athlete of this caliber.”
To be nominated for the Skyline Student Athlete of the Month, students must:
- Maintain an academic standard of 3.0 GPA or above in the previous quarter
- Show respect for coaches, teammates, officials, teachers, other students and family
- Show enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Display commitment to practice, games and personal skill development
- Demonstrate honesty and playing by the rules
- Have high moral character.
The Skyline Student Athlete of the Month Award is sponsored by the Forest Park Skyline Chili Restaurant, a business partner of Winton Woods City Schools. Student athletes who are honored receive a Skyline gift card.
PHOTO CAPTION: Skyline Student Athlete of the Month Mya Johnson. Photo by Drew Jackson.