Student Safety is a TOP PRIORITY
Winton Woods City Schools believes students must first feel safe and secure in order to grow academically, emotionally, and socially.
While every emergency situation is unique, we continue to prepare our staff and students by having a COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL SAFETY PLAN that addresses our response not only to severe weather, fires, natural disasters, environmental incidents, industrial accidents and medical emergencies, but also to more serious types of disruptions and threats.
|ANNUAL STUDENT AWARENESS PROGRAMS
|Our annual Sandy hook promise Say Something and No One Plays Alone week bring focus to one week while reinforcing our efforts year-round to create a culture of citizenship both inside and outside the classroom that is conducive to learning.
|CURRENT FACILITY SAFETY ENHANCEMENTS
- card access to main facility doors
- visitor management system screens for sex offenders and custody alerts
- additional cameras in critical areas
- intrusion and fire alarm monitoring
- mobile app to communicate directly with first responders
- awarded over $30,000 in grants to support security upgrades and staff awareness and critical incident response training
|NEW CAMPUS SAFETY DESIGN FEATURES
- compartmentalized design allows smaller zones within the building to be separately secured
- includes ballistic resistant glazing
- fewer entry points facilitate better monitoring
- secure entryway vestibules direct all visitor traffic into main office
- whole facility card access control
- building automation systems integrate digital security cameras, card access, intrusion alarm, door sensors, and remote instant building lockdown capability into a unified building control system